- Visitor Centre Supervisor
- Personal Assistant
- Seasonal Tearoom Staff
See below for more details.
Stonor Park is an historic, privately owned stately home and garden open to the public located north of Henley-on-Thames in South Oxfordshire. Stonor has been the residence of the Stonor Family for over 850 years making it one of the oldest family homes still lived in today. The earliest parts of the house date from the 12th Century.
The house contains a unique collection of family treasures collected over the centuries, including family portraits, old masters, furniture and sculptures as well as one of the oldest family archives in Great Britain. Stonor Park welcomes more than 40,000 visitors a year to the house, chapel, gardens, a large new adventure playground as well as a wide programme of events. Our events include one of the largest craft fairs in England which has been running for more than 30 years, Luna outdoor cinema, Giffords Circus, car rallies, the Country Homes and Interiors Christmas Fair and other Christmas related events. Stonor is also the venue to weddings and other celebrations, corporate events and an active film location.
• To run Stonor Park’s Visitor Centre and Wonder Woods, our adventure playground, for between 7-8 hours per day Wednesdays to Sundays from March to the end of October
• The position could be shared as a job share with another person
• Opening-up the Visitor Centre and Wonder Woods
• Undertaking minor daily upkeep and safety checks of the adventure playground
• Turn on coffee machine and chiller
• Ensure advertising boards are in place
• Ensure Gift Stock is neat and stocked
• Stock chiller and snacks
• Responsibility for greeting all visitors
• Issue of correct tickets
• Sales of refreshments, hot and cold
• Up-sell where possible
• Promotion of season tickets and maintenance of Season Ticket database
• Promotion via leaflets of forthcoming events
• Cashing up and balance of books at day end
• Full training given
• A highly self-motivated, organised person with customer service or hospitality experience
• The applicant ideally will have a first aid certificate and be DBS registered but these can be arranged
• The applicant must be over 18
The General Manager
FIND OUT MORE
Please email/write to the address below enclosing a copy of your CV and giving full salary details.
The Administrator, Stonor Park, Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, RG9 6HF.
• Personal assistant to the owners of Stonor Park & the General Manager;
• Fulfil typical personal assistant functions including managing daily correspondence, filing, diary scheduling, organising travel arrangements etc.;
• Anticipate and perform a wide range of administrative and office duties;
• Assist with the management of the buildings and estate at Stonor Park;
• Post daily Social Media updates on Stonor Park’s social media channels;
• Assist with general marketing activities and attend marketing exhibitions;
• Input visitor data into simple Excel spreadsheets;
• Help with the opening of the House, Gardens and Adventure Playground;
• Assist with other property management;
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor degree qualification (minimum);
• High PC proficiency including Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and social media applications;
• Attention to detail;
• Team player;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to work under time pressure;
• Flexible self-starter with high motivation;
Find Out More Please email/write to the address below enclosing a copy of your CV and giving full salary details. The Administrator, Stonor Park, Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, RG9 6HF. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help in The Pantry, our vibrant café, located in the 13th Century Hall.
Join the roster on scheduled open days from Easter to September and occasional help with group lunches.
Hourly rate paid.
Enquiries and further information from: